The attached guidance, and supporting appendices, were developed by the LSAB and rolled out for implementation in April 2017. In summer 2018 the documents were reviewed and updated based on feedback from practitioners.
The guidance is for Providers and Practitioners alike as key partners in safeguarding adults with care and support needs. It is intended to assist in the management of risk and making appropriate decisions around the level of support and response required to suspected or recognised abuse.
- LSAB Guidance for Safeguarding Concerns
- Appendix 1: Safeguarding Concerns Checklist for recording and evidencing information
- Appendix 2: Information and guidance on when to consider making a safeguarding alert following a fall
- Appendix 3: Information and guidance on when to consider making a safeguarding alert for medication errors
- Appendix 4: Information and guidance on when to consider making a safeguarding alert following service user to service user incidents
- Appendix 5: Information and guidance on when to consider raising a safeguarding concern - Financial Abuse
- Appendix 6: Information and guidance on when to consider Unsatisfactory/Adverse Hospital Discharge
- Best Practice Guidance - Pressure Ulceration
Please use the link below if you are concerned you, or somebody you know, is being mistreated or abused