Referrals to Children's Social Care

Anyone can raise a concern about the safety and welfare of a child by calling 0300 123 6720 (or between 8.00pm - 8.00am on 0300 123 6722.)

However, where the needs of help and support meet Levels 3 and 4 of Lancashire's Continuum of Need and Thresholds Guidance, professionals are able to submit a referral form directly to Children's Social Care.

The referral form must be completed as comprehensively as possible and, for cases at Level 3, informed consent of the Parents or Carers must be sought.  At level 4, informed consent is desirable however at this stage, the referral should be made whether or not consent is given.

When there are concerns about a child or young person at level 4 of the CON (child protection), you should make direct contact on 0300 123 6720 or Police (999 in an emergency) and complete this form once the immediate concerns have been addressed.

If the child you are concerned about already has an allocated Social Worker go directly to this person by contacting 0300 123 6720 – there is no need to use this form.