Practice Week - CSAFE - Day 3
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
We're three days in to the CSAFE practice week!
So far, there have been:
- Two multi-agency focus groups exploring practtioner understanding - involving 25 practitioners; and a social care focus group involving 10 social workers;
- Two training sessions for social care and MASH staff - delivering to approximately 40 practtioners (MASH - Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub);
- We published the 7 minute briefing for CSAFE;
- Mini audits have been led by Advanced Practitioners in all localities; and
- Resources and key messages from theCentre of Excellence for Child Sexual Abuse have been shared.
Today we're sharing resources from the Children's Commissioner; NSPCC; and the University of Bedfordshire in relation to their research project "Making Noise" - as study of children's experiences of help-seeking and support after child sexual abuse in the family. You can read a summary here.
The National Probation Service (NPS) will be holding a workshop today, delivered by a specialist worker from within the NPS Sex Offender Rehabilitation Team (SORT), which will explore how NPS assess and work with sex offenders. The workshop will provide an overview of how the service intervenes with this group of offenders paying particular attention to the different accredited programmes which are available. During the workshop, participants will be introduced to ground breaking work in how NPS work with convicted sex offenders with learning disabilities and challenges.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter! @LancsSguarding
Jane Booth, LSCB Independent Chair