This section provides guidance and resources relating to MCA DoLs.
- MCA eBook
- MCA Learning and Development Framework
- SCIE MCA eLearning
- SCIE Video Resource - Overview Using the MCA
- SCIE Video Resource - About the MCA
- ADASS MCA & DoLS Improvement Tool
- Case Scenarios and Prompt Sheets
- 7 Minute Briefing
- Covert Medication Guidance
- MCA Sample Policy for Providers
- MCA Guidance and Prompt Sheet (for pracitioners working with adults who have intimate partners/family members)
- Legal Frameworks for Capacity & Consent for Young People (agencies to seek their own legal advice in respect to this process)
MCA Audit Tools
The tools below have been developed by the MCA/DoLS Sub Group to reflect standards of practice within organisations.
The aim of the tool is to provide organisations with a consistent framework to assess, monitor and/or improve their arrangements in line with the Mental Capacity Act 2005.
The audit process requires partner agencies to complete all sections of the tool to self-assess and benchmark their own areas and to enable you to:
- Identify strengths and areas of good practice;
- Identify areas for improvement within individual organisations; and
- Prepare action plans to monitor improvements.
Download the tools below: